Freedom Camping Fine Guarantee (Terms and Conditions)
Our goal is to provide our users with the most trustworthy freedom camping app available so you can get on with discovering our beautiful country without having to worry about Freedom Camping Fines. To put our money where our mouth is, we’ve set aside a Fund to pay any Freedom Camping Fines.
We will pay your Freedom Camping Fine directly to the local council or relevant enforcement authority within 10 working days provided that:
- you received an Infringement Notice because you relied on materially incorrect information on our App;
- the infringement offence occurred during the Guarantee Period;
- you notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org before the end of the Guarantee Period;
- your notification includes all of the following information:
- a scan or photo of the Infringement Notice that we can read;
- the name of the campsite;
- a screenshot of the incorrect information provided on the App that you relied on; and
- a brief explanation of what App information you relied on and how that resulted in an Infringement Notice being issued to you;
- we receive your notification within 48 hours from when you are deemed (under the Act) to have been served the Infringement Notice; and
- you had the latest version of the App installed at the date and time of the infringement offence.Having the latest version of the app installed, will ensure that the data you’re viewing is up to date. You can double check the data by visiting our companion website at http://www.camping.co.nz. This displays our latest data.
If you don’t meet the criteria above, we won’t be able to pay your Freedom Camping Fine.
If possible, please make sure that the enforcement officer provides enough detail on the Infringement Notice to clearly set out the nature of the infringement, the enforcement officer’s name and that you relied on information available on our App.
Despite the above, we will not be liable to reimburse you for any Freedom Camping Fine that has already been paid (including, where it has been charged or debited from your credit card or other account by a Rental Company). This is mainly because we would be unable to query or dispute the Infringement Notice before the Freedom Camping Fine has been paid. However, if you send us your request in accordance with the above, we promise to take a look and see what we can do for you.
This Freedom Camping Fine guarantee applies to individual users of the App only and is not available for companies (including any Rental Company).
Terms used but not defined herein shall have the meaning given to them in the Act.
Act means the Freedom Camping Act 2011 (as at 1 July 2013);
App means our CamperMate App;
Infringement Notice means an infringement notice issued under the Act that sets out the Freedom Camping Fine;
Freedom Camping Fine means a fine payable under an Infringement Notice to the extent such fine is issued for an infringement offence:
- under section 20(1)(a) or section 20(1)(c) of the Act for freedom camping or preparing to freedom camp in a local authority area in breach of any prohibition or restriction in a bylaw made by a local authority under section 11 of the Act that applies to that area; or
- under sections 20(1)(g) or 20(1)(j)of the Act for freedom camping or preparing to freedom camp on conservation land in breach of any prohibition or restriction in a freedom camping notice that applies to that land, but for no other prohibited or restricted activity;.
Guarantee Period means from 12pm on 10th December 2014 until either (i) 11:59pm on 1st of March 2015, or (ii) when the Fund runs out, (whichever is earlier);
Fund means the amount of NZD$2,100;
Rental Company means the holder of a rental service licence under the Land Transport Act 1998 or any other company or person that is the owner of the vehicle that is the subject of the Infringement Notice; and
we, us, our, etc., means GeoZone Limited c/- Leech and Partners, 44 Mandeville Street, Riccarton, Christchurch.